The Village Theater was built in 1946, when the Hemp Theater at the Robbins Cloth Mill was torn down and the brick from the Hemp Theater was used to build the Village.The Benner Family owned the Village until 1955 when it was purchased by O. Worthy Brown. Mr. Brown had also opened the Dixie Theater in Robbins in 1950. He operated both theaters in Robbins, with the Dixie closing its doors first and the Village closed in 1971. The Village was purchased by David Cheek and Bobby Howard as a carpet retail store. In the millennium, David changed the shop to a guns, knives, and collectibles store.